For any business attracting your ideal user can decide the fate of a business. Users have many products or apps to choose from using Content Marketing allows you to build trust and authority with search engines and your users.
The reasons many companies don’t spend time writing content is due to time it takes to produce content. Producing content doesn’t have to take too much time and has potential to help a business build trust and brand affinity. See some of the reasons you should begin to use content marketing in your customer acquisition strategy today:
Content Marketing Statistics:
- According to Hubspot, companies that blog have 434% more indexed pages than businesses without blogs.
- Furthermore, 82% of customers have a more positive outlook on a company after reading custom content, and 70% of customers feel closer to a business after engaging with their content.
- For medium- and large-sized businesses, content marketing cost up to 41% less per lead than paid search. Average customer acquisition cost for a large company dropped from $108 to $64 per lead when they switched to content marketing. While it takes less time to get a paid campaign rolling, content marketing strategies generate over 4x more leads per $1000 within 36 months.
- 47% of buyers view at least 3–5 pieces of content before they contact a sales representative.
When deciding on a content marketing plan it’s best to actually have a plan. Many times people or businesses will jump head first into just creating content without a plan. We’ve assembled 3 important tips to help create a sustainable and effective content marketing campaign to create a customer acquisition machine.
Tip 1: Optimize Content For Search Engines
Content should not only be written for users but for search engines to help your articles rank. The writing doesn’t need to be any different but should focus on ensuring the content is easily readable while including keywords in the article title and body content.
Ideal content structure:
- 350 words or more
- Includes keywords in an organic way within the article
- Uses the keywords 5+ in the article (This statistics isn’t fully confirmed)
- Uses the keywords in the article title
- Include relevant high resolution images or videos within the articles
Tip 2: Create Content for Your Ideal User Avatar
Content should be written with an objective in mind. Defining who you audience is and what they want to learn will help you create articles that are not only informative but bring value to your ideal user avatar. If you don’t know how to create a user avatar refer to this article.
After defining your ideal user avatar begin to brainstorm ideas of articles to write for them and start plotting them on the content calendar.
Tip 3: Create and Use a Content Calendar
A content calendar is an easy to use tool that allows for companies to organize, schedule and plan their content marketing efforts. The calendar can be digital or printed and the calendar should be shared with the whole team for accountability. We have a content calendar here for you to download for you to print or use digitally. Here are some common things to consider when starting to use a content calendar.
Content Calendar Tips:
- Create consistent content
- Schedule content as far out as possible
- Use a content calendar with schedule, article title
- Define what platforms you’ll share content to
- Categorize keywords you’ll use for each piece of content
- Organize and write content in themes
- Define roles for content production and who will do what
- Use a content scheduler to help ensure content is posted
- Organize content in google drive or a centralized location for access
The tips that we shared are all customer acquisition strategies based on providing value to your potential customers through content marketing.
At Vault we have the Learn, Build and Grow model that helps companies of any size from startups to Fortune 500 conduct User Interviews using proven tactics from our years of experience. Want some assistance or have questions about how to take your product to market and the right strategy for your unique idea or app? Reach out to email@example.com to schedule a free call.
Interested in a free content marketing calendar? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an easy 7 day marketing calendar to plan your content marketing week by week.